TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “SME x Hits – Second Burst ” (the “Competition”).
These terms and conditions (the “Specific Terms”) for the Competition should be read alongside our general competition terms and conditions at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”) which will also apply to this Competition. Where there is any conflict between these Specific Terms and the General Terms, the Specific Terms shall prevail.
1.ENTRY ROUTES AND COSTS
The prize is shared prize across 32 radio stations:
- The Wave
- Free Radio
- Hallam FM
- Hits Radio
- Pulse 1
- Radio City
- Rock FM
- Forth 1
- Northsound 1
- Tay FM
- West FM
- Silk 1069
- Dee Radio
- Country Line Radio
- Easy Radio South
- Fosse 107
- IOW Radio
- More Radio
- Nation Radio Suffolk
- Nation Radio South
- Nation Radio Scotland
- Nation Radio UK
- Star Radio
- Sun FM
- Sunshine Radio
- Time 1075
- Radio Exe
The online prize is a shared prize across 32 radio stations.
Entries are restricted to one entry per person.
Online entry is free of charge.
2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
Listeners must pre-register at one of the following for their chance to win:
There will be one winner of the Competition.
Pre-registration for this competition is open from Monday 6th November at 00:01 and closes Wednesday 15th November at 12.00.
Once online to enter the competition the entrants will be asked to tell us about their favourite small local business. Entries will be judged on how compelling and how deserving the entry is. All entries will be judged by the Hits Radio production team, the production manager, and an independent judge.
There will be one winner of the online competition. Once selected, we will contact the winner and will record a short audio interview with the small business owner to tell us about their product/service and will win the prize (Outlined in Section 5: The Prize). The audio interview will be played on the Hits Radio Network during 17/11/23 and 19/11/23.
The winners interview will go live on-air the following date:
- Interview will go live from Friday 17th November – Sunday 19th November 2023. Winner will be contacted no later than 1pm on Wednesday 15th November 2023
All final decisions will rest with the Hits Radio Production Team. The Hits Radio Production Team reserve the right to pre-record any part of this competition with contestants before the 'as-live' broadcast.
3. ENTRY PERIOD
- Entries must be submitted during the following entry period:
- From 06/11/2023 at 00:01 (the “Start Time”) to 15/11/2023 at 12:00 (“End Time”).
- Entries received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
- Winner Announcement: The winner’s first name and hometown are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- However if the winner cannot be contacted within 28 days from the date of the initial attempt to contact them, then we will re-draw until we draw a winner that we are satisfied (in our sole discretion) fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
- Open to UK residents aged 18 years or over on date of entry.
- Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
- If you or any other person at your household has won a prize valued at £500 or more on any Bauer brand in the past 6 months, you nor they are not eligible to enter or win this competition. The full list of Bauer Media brands can be found here: https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands.
5. THE PRIZE
One winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
- £1000 Cash to put towards their small business
The cash prize will be paid via a BACS transfer to a UK bank account of the named entrant only. We will require proof of name and address. The Prize is provided by Bauer Media (the “Prize Provider”). Once the winner has passed the winners checks, the winner’s name, phone number, email and address will be cross checked against the Bauer Winner database and once winner passes the criteria, the prize will be sent.
· Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no alternative will be offered.
· The prize excludes anything not expressly listed above.
· Once confirmed, any changes including but not limited to name changes, date changes and route changes will be at the prize winner’s expense. Bauer Media will aim to send the prizes to winners within 28 working days from the date suitable ID and proof of address is provided to Bauer Media. However, there may be a delay due to potential unforeseen circumstances and therefore deliveries may take longer.
Bauer Media T&C’s:
1. DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to a Prize Provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. For SMS entries you automatically consent to receive marketing. You may opt out at any time by texting the word STOP to the relevant text shortcode number. If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, then your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you have submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you any remuneration therefore and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize if applicable. We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
- Entries which do not comply with these Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
- Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
- You are responsible for all costs of entry and where necessary, obtaining the bill payer’s permission. Please refer to your tariff with your network provider for information about charges you may incur for entry into our competitions via any SMS or phone call entry route.
- We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the competition.
- Whilst on-air, you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to take you off-air immediately and disqualify you from the competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners. Any prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
- As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
4. CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: email@example.com Correspondence will not be entered into regarding any competition which has closed more than 14 days prior to correspondence being received.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.