2019 INTERACT VIDEO AWARDS SUBMISSION TERMS
Show us your Interact club in action! Record a video that inspires others to take action. Show how your Interact club has fun while making a difference in your school and community. Work together with your sponsor Rotary Club, partner Rotaract club, teachers, and parents to tell your story.
Each Interact club must submit one video of the following theme. Only one video may be submitted.
- Show us your service project!
The Interact club advisor or member of the Rotary club that sponsors an Interact club must submit a video on behalf of the Interact club. The parents/legal guardians of Interactors under age eighteen (18) who appear in the video must agree to these Submission Terms (“Terms”). By submitting a video, you agree that you have the permission of your Interact club to create and submit a video.
Videos will be accepted from 1 September 2019 at 00:00 Chicago Time (UTC-5) until 1 December 2019 at 23:59 Chicago Time.
- Create a YouTube account or log into your YouTube account. Follow YouTube’s instructions for uploading your video to your YouTube account.
- Create a Facebook account or log into your Facebook account.
- Visit the Interact Official Facebook page (“Official Page”) and complete and submit the Interact Video Awards Form before 1 December 2019 at 23:59 Chicago Time. The Form is also available in electronic form upon request by contacting Rotary via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your video must be your original creation;
- You must hold all rights to the video, including the copyright;
- Video must be at least thirty (30) seconds in length and may not exceed three (3) minutes in length;
- Video must be in English or contain English subtitles;
- Video must comply with YouTube Terms of Service and Facebook Terms of Service or will be disqualified;
- If your video includes images or likenesses of people, you must receive written permission from each subject and, for people seventeen (17) and younger, the permission of the minor’s parent or legal guardian to:
- i) record those people,
- ii) use the likeness/image, voices, name and other personal data of each subject in the video, and
- iii) license use of the video and each subject’s likeness/image and voices to Rotary.
- Video may only contain music you created or you have a license to use in the video. Any music license(s) you receive must allow for Rotary to use the video with the licensed music.
- You must obtain property releases where required.
By submitting a video to Rotary, you represent and warrant that you will comply with the video requirements set forth above.
- Video must not contain material (images, music, footage, logos) that violates or infringes the rights of others, including copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Video must not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rightsof any person, living or deceased or contain defamatory materials; and
- Video must not contain inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, unlawful or illegal materials, as determined in Rotary’s sole discretion.
Rotary will disqualify any videos that do not adhere to the requirements set forth above or that contain any of the restricted materials or activities set forth above.
- One (1) Interact club will be awarded the title of Best Video and receive:
- One (1) US$1000.00 donation that must be used to support the Interact club’s service projects (The donation will be made to the Rotary club sponsor);
- One (1) award plaque; and
- A letter from the Rotary International President.
The video will be displayed on Rotary’s Interact social media pages for Interact.
- Three (3) Interact clubs will be awarded the title of Runner-Up: each Interact club will receive a letter from the Rotary President and each Interact club’s video will be displayed on Rotary’s Interact social media pages; and
- One (1) Interact club will be awarded the title of Fan Favorite: the Interact club will receive a letter from the Rotary President and the Interact club’s video will be displayed on Rotary’s Interact social media pages.
Any and all applicable taxes are the responsibility of the Interact club receiving the donation. Rotary will notify the clubs receiving awards on or around 15 January 2020and an Interact club will have seven (7) days after notification to claim or forfeit the award. Failure to respond by 22 January 2020 will result in forfeiture of the award.
Rotary will ask the public to vote for their favorite video from the eligible videos for two (2) weeks in December 2019. The video receiving the highest number of votes during the voting period will be awarded the title of “Fan Favorite.” Excluding the “Fan Favorite” video, all other eligible videos will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by Rotary based on storytelling ability, originality/creativity of video, production quality and adherence to one of the themes. One (1) Interact club will be awarded the title of “Best Video” and three (3) Interact clubs will be awarded the title of “Runner-Up.” Videos that do not comply with these Terms, in Rotary’s sole discretion, will not be eligible for the voting or review processes or an award.
Rotary shall not be liable in any way for injuries to persons or damages to property incurred or suffered by anyone involved in the creation of a video or submission of a video to Rotary or from the acceptance or use of any awards or a breach of your representations and warranties herein. By submitting a video to Rotary, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rotary from any claims arising from or out of a breach of these Terms, including, but not limited to, your representations and warranties. The Interact Video Awards is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed or associated with YouTube or Facebook; and you release Facebook, YouTube and Rotary from any claims, damages and all liability arising out of or in any way related to your participation in the Interact Video Awards. Rotary reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate these Terms. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its conflict of laws; and in the event of any dispute arising under this Agreement, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of any court, which is located in the County of Cook, State of Illinois, U.S.A. Nothing herein may be construed to make anyone submitting a video or involved in the creation of a video, including their parents/legal guardians, an agent or employee of Rotary.
Copyright © 2019 Rotary International. All rights reserved.