The Global Citizen competition is now closed
Congratulations to our lucky winners who will be attending the Mandela 100 Global Citizen Festival thanks to the Vodacom Foundation.
About Vodacom Foundation and Global Citizen
The Vodacom Foundation has partnered with Global Citizen as we believe in using technological resources to make a difference in the lives of others. Through this partnership, Vodacom is essentially extending an invitation to its customers to commit towards engaging the social issues that currently affect the continent. The initiative will drive active participation in projects aimed at encouraging South Africans to carry on the legacy of the late Nelson Mandela.
The Vodacom Foundation was established in 1999 – and will be celebrating 20 years of giving doing good or connecting for good next year. It takes a community of committed activists (including our employees) who do what they can to make a change – and that is what makes the future exciting!
Our focus areas and projects are aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). These 17 global targets are designed to make the world a better place and we are really passionate about how we can contribute to Education (Focus Area 4) and Gender Equality (Focus Area 5) in South Africa.
Here are just two of our flagship programmes – but for more insight visit www.vodacom.com
• E-school: We believe that education can only benefit from greater use of technology. Vodacom has connected 3000 schools with technology, and trained over 100,000 in using ICT tools to enhance and support teaching. Visit https://vodacom.mytopdog.co.za/users/register for more information.
• Gender Based Violence: We believe that technology can be used to help victims of violence and abuse. In South Africa, 1 in 4 women will experience some form of abuse. Vodacom is one of the main sponsors of the Gender Based Violence Command Centre, where victims of women abuse can call 0800 428 428 and be helped through the Department of Social Development. You can visit http://gbv.org.za/about-us/ for more information
Global Citizen Competition
The entry period has closed now, but why not take our quiz to see how much you know about Vodacom Foundation & Global Citizen.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
“Vodacom Right the Future” Competition
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the “Vodacom Right the Future” Competition (“the Competition”) where Vodacom customers stand a chance of winning one of 15 general access double tickets to the 100 Mandela Festival hosted by Global Citizen taking place on Sunday, 2 December 2018.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to all qualifying South African citizen’s to enter The competition starts at 16:00 on 15 November 2018 (‘start date’) and shall terminate at 23:59 on 25 November 2018 (“end date”). The final winners will be contacted via email and/or telephone from 28 November 2018.
2. Prize: the prize will consist of two general access tickets to the Mandela 100 festival hosted by Global Citizen.
3. To enter:
3.1 Any Vodacom customer that has entered the competition on the Vodacom Blog (www.now.vodacom.co.za) by taking part in the quiz and completing details in the form, will be eligible for an entry into the random draw.
3.2 The quiz contains four questions centred around Vodacom Foundation. The answers to the questions do not need to be correct in order to have a valid entry.
3.3 The form will need to be completed with the following details:
3.3.1 First Name and Last Name
3.3.2 Phone Number
3.3.3 Email Address
4. The winners will be selected by a random draw from the list of people that would have answered the above questions and are Vodacom customers.
5. In order to qualify as a winner, the participant will must be a Vodacom customer.
6. Prize detail:
6.1 One of 15 (fifteen) sets (two) of General Access tickets only for access into the Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg. Customers will need to arrange their own accommodation and travel to and from the event venue.
6.2 The prize excludes the following:
6.2.2 All/any travel expenses incurred to attend the event
6.2.3 Meals and drinks
7. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate upon delivery. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the delivery of prizes at the time of contacting the selected winners.
8. The winner also abides by all the rules and regulations of the Global Citizen as the organisers of the Mandela 100 festival.
9. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as a potential winner.
10. The Competition is only open to natural persons over the age of 18.
11. Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document.
12. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes
13. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the data costs incurred for submitting answers on the selected social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
14. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom and Vodacom registered third parties;
15. Vodacom marketing representatives will use the personal details of the winners, such as name and contact number to notify the winner that he/she has won the Competition. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
16. Vodacom marketing representatives will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically and via email on the contact details used to participate in the Competition.
17. Should a participant not be available on the contact number or email address provided from the dates 28 November to 30 November or reject, forfeit, fail to accept (or is unable to accept) or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant that was part of the list of people who were selected in the random draw as stipulated in condition 3 of the terms and conditions.
18. The prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash.
19. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
20. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
21. The winner waives full rights to Vodacom to use their identity as one of the winning entrants in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after having been announced as a winner. Any winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom. This right shall be made clear to the winner.
22. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
23. The random selection is will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Participant personal information collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition.
26. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
27. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom. Same shall be communicated as soon as reasonably possible
28. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
29. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
30. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
31. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect. Such cancellation or termination of the competition shall be communicated accordingly. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
32. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
33. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.