2018 INTERACT VIDEO AWARDS SUBMISSION TERMS
Show us your club in action! Record a video that inspires others to take action. Show how your club has fun while making a difference in your school and community. Work together with your sponsor Rotary Club, partner Rotaract club, teachers, and parents to tell your story.
Each club must choose one of the following two themes. Only one video may be submitted.
- #InteractFamous: Imagine your video is guaranteed to go viral. Show us your Interact superstars and how your club takes action!
- #InteractTop10: This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Interact Video Awards. Share your top 10 favorite things about Interact!
Any member of an Interact club who is 16 years of age or older or Rotary club that sponsors an Interact club may submit a video on behalf of her/his club. The parents/legal guardians of Interactors under age 18 submitting a video must agree to these Submission Terms (“Terms”) and complete the Interact Video Awards Form. By submitting a video, you agree that you have the permission of your club to create and submit a video.
Videos will be accepted from 1 September 2018 at 00:00 Chicago Time (UTC-5) until 1 December 2018 at 23:59 Chicago Time.
- Create a YouTube account or log into your YouTube account. Follow YouTube’s instructions for uploading your video to your YouTube account.
- Create a Facebook account or log into your Facebook account.
- Visit the Interact Official Facebook page (“Official Page”) and complete and submit the Interact Video Awards Form before 1 December 2018 at 23:59 Chicago Time. The Form is also available in electronic form upon request by contacting Rotary via email: email@example.com.
You must only submit one (1) video. By submitting a video, you represent that your video is in compliance with these Terms, the YouTube Terms of Service, and the Facebook Terms of Service. All videos will become the property of Rotary and will not be returned.
- Your video must be your original creation;
- You must hold all rights to the video, including the copyright;
- Video must be at least thirty (30) seconds in length and may not exceed three (3) minutes in length;
- Video must be in English or contain English subtitles;
- Video must comply with YouTube Terms of Service and Facebook Terms of Service or will be disqualified;
- If your video includes images or likenesses of people, you must receive written permission from those people or, for those age 17 and younger, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of any minors to:
- i) record their images or voices,
- ii) use their likenesses/images and voices in the video, and
- iii) license use of the video and their likenesses/images and voices to Rotary.
- Video may only contain music you created or you have a license to use in the video. Any music license(s) you receive must allow for Rotary to use the video with the licensed music.
- Video must not contain material (images, music, footage, logos) that violates or infringes the rights of others, including copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Video must not defame or invade the privacy rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased or contain defamatory materials; and
- Video must not contain inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, unlawful or illegal materials, as determined in Rotary’s sole discretion.
Rotary will disqualify any videos that do not adhere to the requirements set forth above or that contain any of the restricted materials or activities set forth above.
- One (1) club will be awarded the title of Best Video and receive:
- One (1) US$1000.00 donation that must be used to support the Interact club’s service projects (The donation will be made to the Rotary club sponsor);
- One (1) award plaque; and
- A letter from the Rotary International President.
The video will be displayed on Interact’s social media pages.
- Three (3) clubs will be awarded the title of Runner-Up: each club will receive a letter from the Rotary President and each club’s video will be displayed on Interact’s social media pages; and
- One (1) club will be awarded the title of Fan Favorite: the club will receive a letter from the Rotary President and the club’s video will be displayed on Interact’s social media pages.
Any and all applicable taxes are the responsibility of the awardee of the donation. Rotary will notify the clubs receiving awards on or around 15 January 2019 and a club will have seven (7) days after notification to claim or forfeit the award. Failure to respond by 22 January 2019 will result in forfeiture of the award.
Rotary will ask the public to vote for their favorite video from the eligible videos for two weeks in December 2018. The video receiving the highest number of votes during the voting period will be awarded the title of “Fan Favorite.” Excluding the “Fan Favorite,” all other eligible videos will be reviewed by a panel of judges, selected by Rotary, based on storytelling ability, originality/creativity of video, production quality and adherence to one of the themes. One (1) club will be awarded the title of “Best Video” and three (3) clubs will be awarded the title of “Runner-Up.” Videos that do not comply with these Terms, in Rotary’s sole discretion, will not be eligible for the selection process or an award.
Rotary shall not be liable in any way for injuries to persons or damages to property incurred or suffered by anyone involved in the creation of a video or submission of a video to Rotary or from the acceptance or use of any awards. The Interact Video Awards is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed or associated with YouTube or Facebook; and you release Facebook, YouTube and Rotary from any claims, damages and all liability arising out of or in any way related to your participation in the Interact Video Awards. Rotary reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate these Terms. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its conflict of laws; and in the event of any dispute arising under this Agreement, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of any court, which is located in the County of Cook, State of Illinois, U.S.A. Nothing herein may be construed to make anyone submitting a video or involved in the creation of a video, including their parents/legal guardians, an agent or employee of Rotary.
Copyright © 2018 Rotary International. All rights reserved