#BACKBLACK Supporters Competition (“the Competition”)
Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Uploading a video or photo, entry into the competition or acceptance of any prize is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated, PO Box 2172, Wellington 6140, is the promoter of this Competition (“the Promoter”).
3. This Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Any queries, comments or complaints about the Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In participating in the Competition, you are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. To the extent permitted by law, you agree to release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Competition or with any of the prizes offered.
4. The Competition is open worldwide to entrants over 18 years of age.
5. Employees of the Promoter as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
How to Enter
6. To enter the Competition, you must:
a) take a photo or video illustrating how you support the All Blacks; and
b)upload the photo or video to the Competition website www.allblacks.com/backblack, complete the entry form for the Competition with your personal details and agree to these Competition Terms and Conditions by clicking the ‘Accept the Terms and Conditions’ box.
8. Upon entering the Competition, you grant the Promotor a non-exclusive, non-revocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, publish and display your photo or video in any media or distribution method, including publication on websites and internet applications without restriction and without making any payment to you, for the purpose of promoting the All Blacks 2019 campaign Back Black. Such use will be at the Promotor’s discretion and the Promotor is not obligated to use, reproduce, publish or display any photo or video.
9. Your photo or video must:
a) not include any objectionable material;
b) be fit for public display, not show any act that is dangerous or offensive to the public or that may damage the reputation of the Promoter (as determined in the Promoter's sole discretion); and
(c) not be digitally enhanced or modified, except by using the enhancement functionality provided by Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
10. You must obtain appropriate written permission from people or owners of property that are identifiable in your video or photo
11. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or disqualify any photo or video that does not meet the above conditions at any time without notice.
12.You warrant that the photo or video does not infringe on the moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photo or video. You fully indemnify the Promotor against any claims arising from the display or use of your video or photo.
13. You may enter the Competition multiple times during the Competition Period but each entry should be substantially different to any of your previous entries.
14. Details of the Competition, including details of the entry process will be communicated via the All Blacks Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AllBlacks/ and the Competition website www.allblacks.com/backblack.
15. The Competition commences Friday, 26 July 2019 at 10:00am (NZT) and closes Saturday, 2 November 2019 at 11:59pm (NZT) (Competition Period).
NOTE: ONLY ENTRIES RECEIVED BEFORE 11:59PM 29 AUGUST 2019 (NZT) ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE.
16. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be eligible for Spot Prizes and the Major Prize. Entries received after 11:59pm (NZT) on 29 August 2019 will be ineligible to win the Grand Prize. Entries received after the Competition Period will be ineligible to enter the Competition.
17. The Competition prizes available consist of:
a) Spot Prizes (awarded throughout the Competition Period)
- All Blacks jerseys
- All Blacks rugby balls
- A phone or video call from some of the All Blacks
- Other All Blacks merchandise
b) Major Prize (awarded at the end of the Competition Period)
- Signed and framed All Blacks 2019 Rugby World Cup Jersey
c) Grand Prize (valid entries must be received between 10:00am Friday 26 July 2019 (NZT) and 11:59pm Thursday 29 August 2019 (NZT)).
- All Blacks Tours “All Finals (Escorted) Tokyo/Kanazawa & Okinawa” tour package (land only) for 2 adults, including:
- 17 nights of 4-star twin share accommodation (including daily buffet breakfast) in Tokyo, Kanazawa & Okinawa
- 5-night stay at Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba, in Tokyo including sightseeing
- 3-night stay at ANA Crowne Plaza, in Kanazawa including sightseeing
- 3-night stay at Hilton Odaiba, in Tokyo including sightseeing
- 3-night stay at Hyatt Regency Naha, in Okinawa including sightseeing
- 3-night stay at The Westin, in Tokyo including sightseeing
- Official Match tickets (Category B) to 6 matches as listed:
- quarter-final 2, Saturday 19 October, Tokyo Stadium, kick-off 7:15pm
- quarter-final 4, Sunday 20 October, Tokyo Stadium, kick-off 7:15pm
- semi-final 1, Saturday 26 October, International Stadium Yokohama, kick-off 5:00pm
- semi-final 2, Sunday 27 October, International Stadium Yokohama, kick-off 6:00pm
- bronze final, Friday 1 November, Tokyo Stadium, kick off 6:00pm
- the final, Saturday 2 November, International Stadium Yokohama, kick-off 6:00pm
- Return match transfers
- Coach / Train travel throughout
- Return flight to/from Okinawa
- Eve of Final Function held 31 October
- All Blacks Tours Merchandise
- SUICA Rail Pass for Tokyo with NZD$30 pre-loaded (you can top-up at any time)
- Services of All Blacks Tours staff throughout
- 17 nights of 4-star twin share accommodation (including daily buffet breakfast) in Tokyo, Kanazawa & Okinawa
- Two (2) return economy class flights to Tokyo, Japan from the winner’s nearest major international airport, up to the value of $3,000.00 NZD per person.
18. All prize winners will be chosen by the Promotor in accordance with set judgment criteria. Winning entries will be judged on originality, appropriateness for public audience, and effort.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner who does not comply with these terms and conditions and select a replacement winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
20. Once determined, prize winners will be contacted directly via email and prize winners will also be announced on the All Blacks Facebook page and via Team All Blacks email. The right to receive any prize is conditional upon the winner responding to the Promoter’s email within 48 hours. If no contact is made within this time, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
21. The Grand Prize winner will be notified on Friday 30 August 2019 and announced no later than Thursday 6 September 2019. The Major Prize winner will be notified on Monday 4 November 2019 and announced no later than Tuesday 19 November 2019.
22. The Grand Prize winner must provide to the Promoter valid details of their Passport (and their companion’s passport) within 72 hours of being notified that they have won the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize winner is unable take any portion of the Grand Prize or does not provide their necessary passport details in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Grand Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
23. The winner of the Grand Prize and his or her guest agrees to the Promoter sharing their photo through the social media channels of the Promoter, announcing them as the winner and his or her guest, including their full name for no compensation.
24. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25 .The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value if the prize (or any of its components) cannot be provided for reasons outside the Promoter's reasonable control.
26. The prizes only include items as stated in clause 16. The Promoter is not responsible for the payment of any duties, fees or taxes, or any other expenses incurred in taking up any of the prizes. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses are the responsibility of the prize winners (and their companion if applicable), including but not limited to cost of obtaining current passports, visas, meals, spending money, other transport that may be required including transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, insurance including travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. The prizes cannot be converted into cash. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
27. Travel arrangements to and from the Grand Prize winner's home and their nearest major international airport do not form part of the Grand Prize and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion. The winner must travel on the same flights and itinerary as their travelling companion.
28. Acceptance of the Grand Prize by the winner and his or her companion is deemed as acceptance by the winner and his or her companion of any terms and conditions imposed by All Blacks Tours (Grand Prize Supplier).
29. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries into the Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person’s electronic devices related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in relation to the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with any of the Competition processes or engages in conduct that may damage the reputation of the Promoter or its affiliated entities at any time.
30. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with the Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Competition or with any prizes offered.
31. Except as set out in paragraph 7, the personal information provided on the Competition entry form is collected by the Promoter solely for the purposes of this Competition.
32. This Competition is subject to the laws of New Zealand and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
33. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or modifies the consumer's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
34. If for any reason beyond its reasonable control the Promoter or its agents or contractors are unable to run the Competition as described, the Promoter reserves the right to postpone, extend, amend, re-schedule or cancel the Competition (“the Change”) at any time at its sole discretion on the provision of reasonable notice (which will include posting notice of the Change on the Competition website).