UNIQUE CARS READER’S RESTO OF THE YEAR
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes forms part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and associated agencies with this promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences on 03/01/2019 and concludes on 07/02/2019 at 23.59 (AEDST) (“Promotional Period"). The draw will take place at Bauer Trader Media, 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, VIC 3166 on 12/02/2019 at 11:00 (AEDST). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified by telephone and via email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name will be published on www.tradeuniquecars.com.au on 15/02/2019 for 28 days from this date.
5. To enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/2019ReaderResto, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page and complete the entry form (including their full name, mailing address, telephone number and valid email address), vote for their favourite vehicle from the list provided and submit the entry as instructed.
6. One (1) entry permitted per person.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. The first five (5) valid entries drawn from all valid entries received will be deemed a major prize winner and will each receive: One (1) x $100 Visa Gift Card. The total prize pool is valued at $500.00 (including GST).
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. Redemption of the VISA Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the Gift Card. The Promoter will not be liable for any Gift Card that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Any unused balance of the Gift Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of prize at a venue is subject to the standard of the issuer including any specified on the Gift Card.
14. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
15. Should an entrant's contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason whatsoever the winner does not take / redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
17. Subject to any written direction given under regulation, a draw for any prize, if unclaimed, will take place at the same location of the original draw at 11:00 (AEDST) on 14/05/2019. In the case of a winner(s), they will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on www.tradeuniquecars.com.au on 21/05/2019 for 28 days from the draw.
18. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (f) use or redemption of a prize.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
23. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000. Trading as: Bauer Trader Media.
24. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/18/29411.