Contest submissions have ended. Come back September 30 to vote on the finalists.
The following promotion is intended for the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C., 21 years or older.
A VERY BRADY CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 15, 2019 until 5:00 p.m. on September 11, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the “A Very Brady Contest (the “Promotion”) by following the instructions below to enter by uploading and sharing a video submission explaining why you should be selected to “Live like a Brady!” in the Brady house. Additional submission process and requirements can be found below in Section 2 of these Official Rules. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void. All entries must be properly submitted in accordance with these Official Rules by 4:59:59 p.m. ET on September 11, 2019 to be eligible. These Official Rules are also available at the HGTV website (www.hgtv.com/Brady) (the “Website”). In order to access the Website and in an effort to optimize Website user experience, ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled.
2. Submission Requirements: In order to enter your video submission (the “Submission”), you visit the Website and (i) upload your Submission; and (ii) fill out the application form on the Website, which application form will include an acceptance of and agreement with certain Sponsor policies and procedures relating to the submission and provision of certain additional information required for the applicant to be considered for participation in the Promotion. Your Submission should be not less than thirty (30) seconds and not more than ninety (90) seconds in duration and should explain why you should be selected to “Live like a Brady!” in the Brady house.
Entrant will be responsible for all costs and expenses associated with their video Submission. Entrant should only submit videos produced by entrant on his/her own.
During the Promotion Period, there is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible person. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media accounts. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest/contest entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
MOBILE DISCLOSURE: If you opt to use your wireless mobile device in connection with the Promotion, depending on your phone’s capabilities, standard text messaging rates or data charges may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion.
The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and must not include: (a) any third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities, and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness; (b) any content that violates any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (c) defamatory language or threatening language; (d) language or content that is sexually explicit, obscene, or indecent; (e) language or content that promotes alcohol, tobacco, or drug use; (f) any other language or content that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (g) contain material that is threatening to any person, place, or business group; or (h) contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion sexual orientation or socioeconomic group or that Sponsor determines is inappropriate and/or does not otherwise meet the Submission requirements.
3. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Void where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
4. Representations and Warranties: By entering a Submission, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Submission is an original work created solely by you; (b) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules; and (c) you understand that other entrants may submit original Submissions that are substantially similar to yours in content and that you shall not have any claim against Sponsor arising out of any such similarity.
6. Limitations of Liability: Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a Home & Garden Television (“Sponsor”), Wayfair, LLC, other participating sponsors and The TEAM Group LLC (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death), the Brady House, or other property, of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, or Grand Prize Winner’s or its guests stay at the Brady House, or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including the filming of the Submission, or participation in any Grand Prize-related activity. Except where prohibited by law, the Grand Prize Winner’s entry and acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
7. How Winners will be Determined:
Finalist Judging Period
After the Promotion Period, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor will evaluate all Submissions and select nine (9) finalists (each a “Finalist”) based on the following judging criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): (a) 20% based on originality of concept; (b) 20% based on video quality and execution; (c) 20% based on on-camera charisma; (d) 20% based on entertainment value; and (e) 20% based on adherence to the theme. The nine (9) entrants with the highest scoring Submission, as determined by the Sponsor’s judging panel, will be the Finalists. In the event of a tie, ties will be broken based on the originality of concept criterion score and if a tie still remains, the tie will be broken based on the entertainment value criterion score.
Public Voting Period
Each Finalist’s Submission will be posted to the Website and voted on by the HGTV community. The public voting period for Finalists will be from 9:00 a.m. ET on September 30, 2019 until 5:00 p.m. ET on October 11, 2019 (the “Public Voting Period”). However, by posting a notice to such effect on the Website, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Public Voting Period, without liability of any kind.
Grand Prize Winner Determination
The Finalist whose Submission receives the highest number of votes during the Public Voting Period will be the Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). The remaining eight (8) Finalists will be Runner-Up Prize Winners (each a “Runner-Up Prize Winner”). In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on which Submission had the higher score in the prior judging round. If the entries had the same score in the prior judging round, the tie again will be broken based on the originality of concept criterion score and if a tie still remains, the tie will be broken based on the entertainment value criterion score. Prize winners will be contacted on or about November 1, 2019.
Finalists are prohibited from soliciting votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting votes on behalf of Finalists, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such Finalist disqualified. All results are unofficial until verified by Sponsor. Voters may vote only once per day.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Official Rules, if at any time during the Promotion Period, the judging rounds or at any time thereafter, the Sponsor determines that no eligible entrants exist from which to determine a Finalist or prize winner, then Sponsor may in its sole and exclusive discretion determine that no eligible contestants exist, and then may either suspend or terminate the Promotion or modify it (or any parts thereof) in any equitable manner that Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, by not awarding any one or more of the prizes set forth in these Official Rules.
8. Prize Conditions: Each Finalist will be required to sign a background check authorization form and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of notification that they’ve been selected as a Finalist. Finalists may also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. Additionally, Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and agree to the house rules for the stay at the Brady House. If Sponsor is unable to contact a Finalist or prize winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if a Finalist or prize winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, if a Finalist or prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements including being able to stay for the specific dates listed, or if a Finalist or prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements or does not pass the background check in Sponsor’s sole discretion his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective winner shall be selected by selecting the Finalist with the next-highest number of votes.
9. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Ownership of Submissions: By submitting a Submission, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor is the sole and exclusive owner, in perpetuity and throughout the world, of all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission, including, without limitation, all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights in and to the Submission (and all renewals and extensions thereof now or hereafter provided by law) and all the rights therein and thereto; (b) ownership of the Submission shall inure to the benefit of Sponsor from the date of conception, of creation, or of fixation in a tangible medium of expression (whichever occurs first), of such Submission; (c) your Submission is a “work made for hire” (as that term is used in the United States Copyright Act of 1976, as amended); (d) to the extent that your Submission is not a work made for hire, you hereby assign to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to the Submission and all copies thereof that you may have or obtain without any further consideration, free from any claim, lien, balance due, or rights of retention thereto, on your part; (e) you waive all claims to any and all moral rights in the Submission including, without limitation, your right of attribution and integrity; and (f) Sponsor may exploit the Submission (and all rights therein) in any manner throughout the world without restriction of any kind, or payment to, or consent from, anyone. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or edit the winning Submission for content including all copyrights and trademarks, and Promotion Entities or their assigned agent(s) will have the right to reproduce, publish, adapt, modify and/or revise the Submission, in its sole discretion, in any manner or form throughout the world, in perpetuity. Sponsor will own all rights to the winning Submission.
Runner-Up Prize: Each Runner-Up Prize Winner will win the following: $500 presented in the form of a check. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Runner-Up Prize: $500. ARV of all Runner-Up Prizes: $4,000.
Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will win the following (the “Grand Prize”): a trip for Grand Prize Winner and up to seven (7) guests to Los Angeles, California, consisting of: (i) round-trip coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and guests to and from Los Angeles from the major U.S. airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence within the 50 United States and D.C.; (ii) seven (7) days/six (6) nights’ accommodations at the iconic “Brady House” in Studio City, California (the “Brady House”); (iii) Los Angeles tourism experiences for Grand Prize Winner and guests; (iv) daily maid service, personal concierge and catering services (for select meals) for the duration of stay; (v) courtesy shuttle to/from airport and for the duration of stay (if the Grand Prize Winner is local ground transportation will be arranged); (vi) $25,000 presented in the form of a check; and (vii) video features on HGTV’s social network channels. ARV of the Grand Prize: $64,670.
ARV of all prizes: $68,670
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the prizes in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the prize winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Portions of the Grand Prize Winner’s and guests’ stay at the Brady House will be filmed used by Promotion Entities for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, on television and its social media channels. The Grand Prize Winner’s and its guests’ acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to film the stay at the Brady House and to use each such person’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. The Grand Prize Winner and its guests must make themselves available to the extent needed by Sponsor for any filming or events that Sponsor may have during their stay in the Brady House.
Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline, flight itinerary and other trip details in its sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner lives within 100 miles of the Brady House location, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of airfare at its sole discretion, and any difference in value will not be awarded. Grand Prize Winner will not receive difference between actual and ARV. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize Winner must be available for travel and to stay at the Brady House during the following dates: December 9, 2019 to December 15, 2019. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to fulfill Grand Prize during time period selected by Sponsor, Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. All travel dates will be determined by the Sponsor, and once made may not be altered except by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Meals and beverages, incidentals, tips or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip or the stay at the Brady House are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and guests are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Sponsor or Grand prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Once the guests are selected, he/she may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner is not legally eligible for travel to the destination, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected. The guests of Grand Prize Winner must be legal U.S. residents at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian and must sign a Liability and Publicity Release and agree to the house rules governing their stay at the Brady House. If Grand Prize Winner’s guests fail to return such documents within date and/or time indicated within such documents, then the Grand Prize Winner may forfeit the right to bring such guests. Grand Prize cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
Grand Prize Winner’s and its guests’ stay at the Brady House will be subject to such additional rules and regulations as provided by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Violation of such rules and regulations or conduct that the Sponsor, its sole discretion, deems to be inappropriate or inconsistent with the image and values of Sponsor any time during the stay, will result in forfeiture of the remainder of the stay and any remaining elements of the Grand Prize.
12. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Knox County, Tennessee, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
13. Winner List: Beginning on or about December 1, 2019 you may obtain the names of the prize winners by going to the Website.
14. Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a Home & Garden Television, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.
15. Administrator: The TEAM Group LLC, (www.theteamgroup.com), P.O. Box 204, Florham Park, New Jersey 07932.