COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Walk on part on Shortland Street thanks to NESCAFÉ Classic.
1. What’s the prize?
The opportunity to win a once in a lifetime experience to appear as an ‘extra’ in one of Shortland Street’s episodes. Confirmation of the date to be worked through with our winner, TVNZ and South Pacific Pictures (SPP).
2. Entry period.
7.30pm Monday 19th October 2020 – 9pm Friday 13th November 2020. Only valid entries received during this time will be accepted.
3. Conditions of entry.
To enter the competition, you must:
- Enter via www.classicwalkonpart.co.nz
- Be a New Zealand resident.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Buy 2 NESCAFÉ products, retain your proof of purchase (digital or physical copy of receipt) as the winner will need to have this on hand.
- Share with us in a few words why you’re the perfect blend of BOLD & SMOOTH.
- The day and time of the studio visit is at the discretion of South Pacific Pictures to be decided in consultation with the winner.
4. More details about the prize.
The prize includes:
- The opportunity to be a walk-on extra for one person in an episode of Shortland Street.
- If the winner lives outside Auckland; return internal flights, airport transfers and twin share accommodation for the winner (and their parent/guardian or friend) for one night, including meal allowance at the Hotel, will be organised by TVNZ (on behalf of Nestlé New Zealand Limited).
- Set tours and walk on roles take anywhere between 30 – 90 minutes.
5. Choosing a winner.
- The winner will be drawn on Monday 16th November by TVNZ from the 3 most creative entries. We’ll contact you via email or phone.
- If the Winner cannot be contacted for whatever reason or does not return the call/message left within 48 hours the Prize will, at the discretion of TVNZ, be redrawn.
TVNZ is the Promoter for this competition and are running it on behalf of Nestlé New Zealand Limited, in consultation with South Pacific Pictures and will provide the winner with the prize directly. Should the winner be required to travel, TVNZ (on behalf of Nestlé New Zealand Limited) will be responsible for all associated travel bookings and accommodation costs for 2 people (including 1 night's accommodation in a twin share room and transfers), this will be at TVNZs discretion.
STANDARD TERMS FOR ENTRANTS
7. The competition details above and these competition rules form the terms and conditions for the competition (the Rules).
8. By putting yourself forward to be selected, you agree to the Rules. If you don’t agree to them, please don’t enter. Simple.
9. TVNZ has the final say on the Rules.
10. Unless we’ve stated otherwise, only one entry per person please.
11. We can disqualify you if we think that you have breached any of the Rules. But we’re nice, so we’ll be fair about it.
12. You agree we can keep your entry and use it however we want (including to promote TVNZ). This includes photos, video, artwork or other stuff you submit with your entry.
13. We need to make sure our competitions are all above board, so unfortunately, you’re not allowed to enter if you’re connected to TVNZ, Nestlé New Zealand Limited, South Pacific Pictures or the competition. This applies to employees of TVNZ, Nestlé New Zealand Limited, and South Pacific Pictures and Nestlé New Zealand Limited advertising agencies. It also applies to these people’s immediate families and flatmates. \
14. We (TVNZ, Nestlé New Zealand Limited and South Pacific Pictures) won’t be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you or anyone else in connection with the competition or your use of the prize (if you win).
15. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. If our plans change or are derailed for any reason, like infection by computer virus, tampering, disease, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or zombie apocalypse, we’ll have the right to cancel, postpone or change the Rules.
You may unsubscribe at any time to receiving such messages by following the unsubscribe process specified in any such electronic message that you receive. TVNZ will not be responsible for any of these messages or unsubscribing you from these messages, this will be the sole responsibility of Nestlé New Zealand Limited.
18. These Rules and the Campaign will be run under NZ law.
19. The winner will not receive any remuneration for his or her appearance.
20. In some instances, South Pacific Pictures, the producers of Shortland Street will specify suitable clothing requirements.
21. Due to the nature of television production, the winner understands that the scene(s) in which he or she appears may not necessarily end up in the finished programme.
22. Please note that due to the nature of the production, schedules may change at short notice.
23. The winner (and/or parent or guardian if appropriate) will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and an appearance release form.
24. All visitors to South Pacific Pictures must comply with South Pacific Pictures’ requests and instructions including those regarding health and safety.
25. To the extent permitted by law, South Pacific Pictures is not liable for any claims or damages (whether direct, indirect or consequential) incurred in connection with this prize.
26. This prize is strictly non-transferable and cannot be resold without written authorization from South Pacific Pictures.
27. If we can’t get hold of you, we’ll have to select another winner. So, make sure you check your email and keep your phone handy!
28. Unfortunately, prizes can’t be traded in for cash. Unless of course they’re cash prizes. Then you’ll get cash.
29. Prizes are personal to the winners and can’t be transferred to someone else unless we agree. If you can’t accept the prize for any reason (e.g. you can’t travel on the necessary dates), we can award the prize to another winner.
30. If you’re disqualified for any breach of these Rules (e.g. we find out you don’t match the eligibility criteria), we’ll choose another winner.
31. It doesn’t happen often, but sometimes we need to change a prize. If we do this, we’ll swap it out for something which is worth the same (or even more!).