2018 TRUCK OF THE YEAR
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and associated agencies with this promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences on 01/12/2018 and concludes on 17/01/2019 at 23.59 (AEDST) (“Promotional Period").
5. The draw will take place at Bauer Trader Media, 73 Atherton Road, Oakleigh, VIC 3166 on 22/01/2019 at 11:00 (AEDST). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified by telephone and via email on 24/01/2019. The winner’s name will be published on www.ownerdriver.com.au on 25/01/2019 for 28 days from this date.
6. To enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.ownerdriver.com.au/toty18, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page and complete the entry form (including their full name, telephone number, state of residence and valid email address), vote for their favourite vehicle from the list provided and submit the entry as instructed.
7. One (1) entry permitted per person. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
11. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
12. The first valid and correct entry drawn will win the following prize pack which includes:
• Western Star Esky – RRP $233.53
• Western Star Metal Sign – Northern Territory – RRP $35
• Western Star Metal Sign – Washington State – RRP $35
• Western Star Metal Sign – Arizona RRP $35
• Western Star Metal Sign – Detroit RRP $35
• Western Star 4800DC Chem Tank Black Collectors Model – RRP $403.50
• Western Star Beer Steins (2 Pack) – RRP $53.46
• Western Star Bar Runner – RRP $28.95
• Western Star Bar Stool – RRP $149
• Keg Master Series 4 Kegerator with Double Intertap SS Tap plus A-Type and D-Type couplers – RRP $574.90
• Tranzmile DayTripper Bag – RRP $72.64
• Fleetguard Titan Zero X Drone x 2 – RRP $299 ($598)
• Fleetguard Bluetooth Speakers x 2 – RRP $80 ($160)
• Fleetguard Power Pack x 2 – RRP $74.99 ($149.98)
• Narva 225 LED Combination Driving Light Kit – RRP $899
• Meritor Bar Fridge – RRP $300
• SP Tools Petrol Pressure Washer SP250P – RRP $659
• Supertruck Batteries N70ZZ x 2 – RRP $198
• Midland ML801 – RRP $198
• Midland ER300 – RRP $121
• Midland G477 XT – RRP $182
13. The total prize pool is valued up to $5,120.96 (including GST)
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash.
16. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
17. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. Should an entrant's contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
20. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason whatsoever the winner does not take / redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
21. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed may take place at 27/04/2019 at the same time as the original draw, subject to any direction from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on www.ownerdriver.com.au on 06/05/2019 for 28 days from the draw.
22. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
23. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
24. The method of validation of the winner (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000. Trading as: Bauer Trader Media
29. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/18/29201
ACT: TP 18/02099